Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waiting...

I am not one that waits very patiently; I want to make something happen, but right now we are waiting to see if/when Representative Smithee will schedule a hearing for HB 2946. Representative Coleman has to ask for the hearing since he is the one that sponsored the bill. I have been in touch with his office and this is in the works. We  just have to wait to see when/if the hearing is scheduled. I asked if there was any order or rhyme or reason as to when/how the hearings were scheduled and I was told no, it is just up to the chair of the committee.

What you can do:
  • Call Representative Smithee's office (512-463-0702) and ask that he please schedule a hearing for HB 2946 before the House Insurance Committee.
  • Watch for updates and be ready to go to Austin and attend the hearing if/when it is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment